The benefits of hand dryers
- Electric dryers minimise the litter and mess that paper towels can create in some high traffic areas.
- High speed dryers, in particular, offer lower environmental impacts over paper towels.
- Hand dryers can range from 0.02 to 0.18 cents per dry compared to around 1 cent per paper towel. This certainly adds up in high traffic areas and means high efficiency hand dryers can offer up to 98% cost savings on paper towels.
The benefits of paper towels
- Paper towels are single use and offer little risk of cross-contamination
- They are commonly used and trusted within medical and food preparation environments along with hand sanitiser
- People know how long paper towels take to use and may be less likely to lose patience than that with a slow hand dryer